Saturday, December 1, 2007

Day 21 "In The Box"

Well, today is day 21 of being in the "box." Some of you have asked what it means to be in the box. I am in a room that is about 8'x8'. Lon cannot come in to see me and I cannot leave the room. Only doctors and nurses who have gone through a sterilization procedure and have put on 3 layers of protective clothing can come into my room. I am hooked up to an IV pretty much full time and so I sit or lie in bed all day! But, not to worry, I have an I-pod and a computer (on which I can get on-line about 10% of my attempts!) I have my scriptures (at first they were not going to let me bring them in – Lon told them that my scriptures were not an option!), my journal, and some books. I also have a mini DVD player. So I have created my own little world in here. On one wall is a big window where I can see Lon when he comes to visit. We can talk quite well through the window. Just beyond this window is another window to the outside world. It's nice to have some sunlight come through, although most days it is very overcast and dismal outside. Think of a big, polluted city and that's Chengdu. On another wall I have life-size posters of my two little boys (Travis and Weston) that they drew themselves. Another wall has pictures of my family and the last wall has pictures of the Savior. So, I am surrounded by goodness! My doctors seem pleased with my progress, although I still feel very weak. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in here and am not really sure what to expect once I am out of the box. I want you all to know that I feel the power of your prayers – I really do! Although I am in isolation I have never felt alone. I have felt your love and the love of my Savior in great abundance.

Now, a shameless plug for sending Christmas cards to the missionaries in our lives! Elder Jason Wardrop would love to hear from you. His address is: Elder Jason Wardrop

Elias a neto/antiga 6

Quadra 10 lote 16 casa 3
Vila Miguel Jorge
75123-230 Anapolis – GO

BRASIL

The postage is 90 cents. There is no more pouch mail for Brasil through the church.. Or you can write him on mission ties. Go to missionties.com user name law1977@gmail.com password wardrop

I love you all!

Sheryl

No comments: