Friday, November 16, 2007

Out To Dinner

My wonderful friends and family: Friday night Nov 16, 2007

Sheryl is 6 days now in the box by herself - that is 6 days of Chemo with 4 more days to go.

Well it is Friday night and Sheryl and I were discussing whether to go to California Pizza Kitchen, Cheese Cake Factory, or to Happy Sumo's? We considered many other places too, but decided to dine in. I have a lovely dinning room table. 24 x 18 That is 24" by 18"- we have had as many as 5 eating around it. 2 chairs in the room but quite a bit of bed space- so anyone else wanting to join us, we have the room!!! We however had the best surprise ever yesterday. When I was young men's president 21 years ago there was this wonderful YM I had in Priest quorum- Whitney Clayton. Well it must of been a good experience because he flew over yesterday from Shanghai (where he is living with his beautiful wife Jane and their 2 1/2 children.) Jane had made the best soups ever. Homemade soups with some homemade wheat bread and cookies. Whitney had brought a package FedX from our children with pictures!!! Yea- and posters that Travis and Weston made for their mom. They are not just posters - but life size clones of themselves that now hang at the foot of Sheryl's bed. SO every night now Weston and Travis tuck Sheryl in and guard her bed from any bad guys. Pictures of the family now hang on another wall that are life savers. I stole some of Sheryl's pictures because I needed my children around me too. The Doctors and nurses love looking at these pictures. They just keep saying "Beautiful"!!! Over Sheryl's head are pictures of the Savior- about 20. Thank you Greg Olson. The nurses paid me the highest complement ever- they told Sheryl that I looked like Jesus. (We are suppose take upon us His countenance.) So maybe I have!

Ok, for all you homemakers out there- does the "Laundry" mean anything to you? It has a whole new meaning for me now. Londry.
Lon dry- yes I have mastered my name. I walk into my little shower with my clothes on, get them wet and use the soup 1st on my clothes, 2nd on Sheryl's PJs, and lastly on my body. I then wrap the clothes up into my towel and take them to my room where I then hang them up on the 3 IV hooks that hang over the beds in my room. Thus the "dry" part!!! Yea for IV hooks- I was doing it once a week but it was tooooooo long of a project and I would always get soaked- these are safety tips for you campers or those that go back in time to the 1800's. So no worries anymore- I just walk in and get it done. Now I am always caught up. Feel free to use any of my ideas if you think they might be helpful. (At least my water is warm- Sheryl has a little pan to bathe - and it is freezing.)

Dallin must be learning something in seminary because when I told him mom's room was 8 X 8- he said that is just like Noah's Ark. (He's got to be studying the OT this year.) I told Dallin- no - I am on Noah's ark- mom is like one of the animals that is locked up in one of the cages on Noah's ark. I think he doesn't totally get it. Will someone take a tape measure out for my children to help them understand that Noah's Ark was a little bigger than that!!!!! Then Dallin says, "Dad, what do you do all day?" I told him PRAY a lot- study the scriptures, read church books, and write in my journal." He then says, "Sounds like seminary to me." Bishop- you might want to work with that boy, or anyone else that feels you can get thru to him!!!!

Sheryl's Doc is so pleased with her health and progress. Thanksgiving day will be her new birthday and we will probably be eating Chinese- I feel like we are in a foreign country. It will be the Thanksgiving never to be forgotten. It will be the day I will feel more gratitude to my Savior than I have felt before. We feel so blessed once again to watch these miracles happen daily.

Jason asked me tell him all about the 2nd coming- I love when my children ask me questions. I know there's hope for Dallin.

Well Brandon goes in for his foot surgery tomorrow- thanks Aunt Suzi for helping. Thank you all again for all of your love and support. We are true and strong. The Lord has truly blessed us thru this trial.

Your brother in the Gospel.

Lon A. Wardrop

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of hombre who loves to try recent stuff. Currently I'm manufacturing my own solar panels. I'm doing it all alone without the help of my staff. I am utilizing the internet as the only way to acheive this. I saw a very awesome website that explains how to build solar panels and so on. The site explains all the steps needed for photovoltaic panel construction.

I'm not exactly sure about how accurate the information given there iz. If some experts over here who had xp with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the page it would be awesome and I would really treasure it, cause I extremely passion solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. You guys rock.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]wardropsaroundtheworld.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Research shows that closely 90% of all United States adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

Anonymous said...

In it something is. Thanks for the information, can, I too can help you something?

Anonymous said...

I love wardropsaroundtheworld.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Anonymous said...

That, plus the added benefits and customization
abilities that come with your own wordpress blog for example, makes
the paid option a no-brainer for anyone that can afford it.
Social websites for example Myspace, Facebook, and You tube supply a great deal of opportunities for this.
Go to - - and enter in one of your main keywords related to your niche.


Also visit my web-site ... WP Social Press Review